How To: Fake Naturally Dewy Skin






2017 was the year of everything matte; matte liquid lipsticks, matte blushes and most importantly, matte foundations! Even though matte foundations last a very long time and keep your oils at bay, for us combo-dry-skin girls, it can be a tad harsh on our skin. So, every now and again, I like to switch it up and go for a more natural glowy look. I have put together a list of products that I use to catfish people into thinking that my skin glows all year round!



 1. Moisturize: Okay so I know that technically this isn’t a make-up product, but, I find using a moisturizer under my makeup gives more of a glow than using a glowy primer. It’s a myth that people with oily skin should stay away from hydrating moisturizers; keeping your skin hydrated and properly moisturized will do wonders for it! It also gives those with dryer skin a healthy glow from within.


This happens to be my favorite moisturizer, however, feel free to use whatever works for you. 


2. Dewy foundation: The right dewy foundation is very difficult to find, but once you find it, you will not want to stop wearing it. Last year I went to the Estee Lauder counter at Edgars to get a sample of the new Double Wear Nude foundation (I heard it wasn’t as matte as double wear stay in place) and oh my word, was I taken aback! It is super full coverage, dries down and hardly moves. Most of all, it remains insanely dewy! It lasts all day and doesn’t rub off around my nose area. I don’t even set my whole face with powder; just where I conceal. Shop this stunning foundation at Edgar’s and Red Square.


This sample size has so much of product, and because its full coverage, you won't be using a lot! This can last you ages. 


 * A good drugstore alternative for this foundation is the L.A. Girl Pro HD Foundation that’s available at Dischem. 

This foundation is uber glowy! Not recommended for oily skin girls.



 3. Brightening concealer: To achieve a dewy wide-awake look, it’s very important to have a bright under-eye! I love the Wet ‘n Wild Photo focus concealer in Light-Medium Beige to conceal and brighten my under-eye. Set it with a finely milled powder, like the Yardley Absolute Translucent powder, and go! This concealer is available at Clicks.



This concealer is amazing, medium-full coverage and doesn't crease on me! 


 4. Natural Highlight: For this look you generally want a more subtle glow from within, and the only way to achieve that is by using highlighting sticks. My favorite for medium skin tones is the Benefit Watts Up highlighting stick. It is a light champagne color and applies smoothly and is super buttery. One swipe for a subtle glow or you can add a few swipes for a more blinding glow (but still looks natural!). Always remember to blend in your highlight with a beauty blender if you’re using a stick highlighter! Shop this stunning highlighter at Edgars and Red Square.



This mini is awesome! So compact, that it will fit into the tiniest clutch, so you can touch up your highlight through the night!


 5. Brow Pencil: I might be a slave to my Anastasia Dipbrow, but for a more natural look, it’s always a better idea to invest in a brow pencil with a spoolie on the end. Those pencils tend to be more natural. My favorite is the L.A. Girl Slim Brow Pencil. It is retractable and has a fine point! The spoolie on the end also helps you achieve a more natural brow because it disperses the product pretty evenly when you’re brushing through your brows after filling them in. You can purchase this brow pencil at Dischem.



This pencil is probably my favorite thing ever, I am all out now and need to repurchase! 


 6. Blush with a sheen: I know some people don’t like blushes that have a glow/sheen to them because they think it will enhance texture or look too much, but once again it’s all about finding the correct one! My go-to blush is the Benefit Rockatuer blush and it happens to have a golden sheen to it. It is so stunning because it gives a light flush of colour to your cheeks and adds a stunning radiance to your skin! You can purchase it at Edgars or Red Square.



The mini's are wonderful if you are skeptical about whether you are going to like it or not. 


 7. Mascara: Most mascaras nowadays do some pretty extreme things to your lashes and make them an intense black color! For a natural look, I like to use the Benefit They’re Real mascara, because it’s not super black. It’s a natural dark brown colour and separates your lashes beautifully for a wispy look. Shop it at Edgars and Red Square.



As you can see this is pretty well loved, because all the writing has scratched off! A favorite in my make up bag.


 Top all of this off with a dewy setting spray (NYX has an incredible one – available at Clicks) and you’re ready to catfish like a pro and make everyone think you’re a glowing goddess all the time!

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @GlamestGirlinTherapy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to shop Pretty Little Thing from South Africa

How I bought from Sephora, in South Africa!

5 of the best and worst from Louis Vuitton